How crazy is it that I refused to try hummus up until Ariana Grande claimed that it's her fav food? The power of celebrities is kind of terrifying. At least I'll benefit from it in this scenario.
I've been going through a container a week as I enjoy a couple of tablespoons with a variety of veggies everyday for either lunch or a late night snack (peace out chocolate chips and nachos). It's turned into a bit of an obsession. A healthy obsession.
These are 10 health benefits you can redeem by eating hummus according to The Huffington Post:
1) The nutrients in hummus can help you with weight management.
2) Chickpeas can lower cholesterol.
3) Comes in a variety of delicious flavours. (I prefer the original.)
4) Natalie Portman LOVES hummus.
5) Chickpeas may help reduce your cancer risk.
6) Part of the "Mediterranean diet" which is super good for you.
7) Much better spread to put on bread.
8) It's easy to make your own. (I've yet to test this theory.)
9) Everyone loves and wants it.
10) There was a larger than life plate of hummus made. (Google it and be amazed.)
I think the above list are all reasons why you should hop aboard the hummus bandwagon at some point during this journey.
What's your favourite healthy snack/meal? Comment below or tweet me @MissSaverinaS!