Where do I begin? How about welcome to www.saverinascozzari.com! It's been a long time coming and I'm happy with the turnout, how about you?
Now that we got that out of the way, let's talk the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs)! They were so crazy I was sure I burned 1000 calories and spotted a few grey hairs. I'm still not sure how the hell I'm going to stay sane enough to cover everything in the recap, but it doesn't hurt to try. Miley Cyrus hosted, beef was tossed away, beef was made, and there was a 2020 presidential campaign announcement within a 20 minute acceptance speech/rant... Nothing out of the ordinary happened... HAHAHAHA, just kidding!
How about we start with the fashion? Everyone's looks were pretty on fleek, but there was one specific star who was on our radar all night long. The one. The only. MILEY FREAKIN' CYRUS! I'm just going to leave the rest to the images below. Feel free to take a gander and then scroll down for more VMAs scoop.
Once you're done OMGing and WTFing, we can move forward. Done? Even if you aren't we need to talk about all of the #whatjusthappened moments, and there's a lot so we need to get straight to it:
1) Taylor Swift vs Nicki Minaj no more. Taylor joined Nicki on stage for a surprise opening performance and ironically sang a bit of the Bad Blood chorus. #ICant #TooMuchToHandle
2) Britney Spears praised the damage control (totally pre-planned and written by MTV, just saying). She even had Miley calling her a bitch at some point, but this is the least interesting highlight of the night so who cares.
3) Miley Cyrus vs Nicki Minaj. OMG this just gave the show life! I'll give you the backstory to it all: Miley said Nicki isn't very nice and bitchy in an interview she did with the New York Times that was released this week. Nicki wasn't impressed. Nicki called her out on it during her acceptance speech for Best Hip-Hop Video. It was all very Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus was forced to explain herself. To be continued at a later date.
3) Justin Bieber needs to grow a pair. After making his "triumphant" return to the VMAs stage, he started balling. We will never know if they were happy tears or sad tears...
4) The Kanye West Saga Part 1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh did he ever bring his A game and make headlines tonight. The good, the ugly, the in-between - he brought it ALL. Here's a clip of him dancing *gasp* during The Weeknd's performance of Can't Feel My Face. I couldn't feel my face watching this miracle take place. (#sorrynotsorry).
5) The Kanye West Saga Part 2. Sweet 'Ye pretends to sleep when Taylor Swift wins her second award of the night. She totally dominated by the way.
6) The Kanye West Saga Part 3. The Yeezus Award -- er the Vanguarde Video Award. Who is a better choice to present a super special award to Kanye West than Taylor Swift? As in the artist that he tore a strip off of at the 2009 VMAs. She was very cheeky and no one could have done a better job. Some of my favourite quotes:
- "I first met Kanye 6 years ago... At this show actually."
- "Imma let you finish but Kanye West has had the best career of all time!"
7) The Kanye West Saga Part 4. THE ACCEPTANCE SPEECH. I'm pretty sure he rambled on for about 20 minutes. Some key points included a full-on apology to Taylor Swift, ripping MTV and award shows apart, "listen to the kids bro" (still not sure what that means), joking (maybe?) that he rolled up a little something to knock the edge off before going on stage, and finished off with a 2020 presidential campaign announcement and a classic mic drop. Check out the full transcript here.
8) Miley, Miley, Miley. Girl had no filter tonight - as if she ever does. She spent most of the night bragging about how much weed she smokes and dropping F bombs left, right and centre. One of the most memorable things that came out of her mouth (so hard to choose just one) would have to be when she pointed out Kim K's nipples and imitated a baby sucking milk. EW. **I'm just going to skip the disturbing picture and replace it with Jimmy Fallon.**
In other news, there's a new moon man in town, Taylor Swift won all of the awards and Miley Cyrus dropped a new album for free titled 'Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz' on www.mileycyrusandherdeadpetz.com. I have yet to listen to it because she broke the internet (keep in mind that I'm writing this not even 45 minutes after the show).
Anywho, I think I've covered pretty much everything and am in desperate need of a nap. Feel free to comment below or tweet me @MissSaverinaS your thoughts on the VMAs and my new site. Looking forward to what this next year has in store! I guarantee my blog posts are going to be a gazillion times more cheekier and you'll get to know me a lot better. See you same place, same time tomorrow!