Happy New Year everyone (back at it after three weeks of breathing and sleeping)! For Christmas, my parents went above and beyond by gifting me tickets to the Raptors game that happened to be on the same night as the Golden Globes. The Raptors lost, but the what was left of the award show (over an hour of goodness) did not disappoint.
Here are my 5 highlights of the Golden Globes and in no particular order:
1) Meryl Streep gave an epic speech and I can't come up With words to describe it so just watch for yourself.
2) La La Land broke the Golden Globes record for most awards won (7) by a single film.
3) Golden Globes host Jimmy Fallon opened the show by parodying La La Land with some A-listers.
4) Shockers: Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Nocturnal Animals) won Best Supporting Actor and Isabelle Huppert (Elle) won Best Actress in a Drama (I thought Natalie Portman had it in the bag).
5. Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling both had me drooling. One of them is single and more than welcome to give me a call.