It's time to sum up the biggest night in the music industry... The GRAMMYs! I wouldn't say that they were amazing, but the show also didn't suck. It left me with a lot to think about (including the pic above of CeeLo Green --- erm his new persona Gnarles Davidson). Here were some highlights (or at least in my opinion):
1) Beyoncé - As if you didn't think I was going to write about her, come on! Everyone was speechless after she hit the stage looking f*cking flawless showcasing some serious goddess vibes. My producer Harmony and I had an interesting theory about how perhaps the performance was inspired by a hormonal dream (she's expecting twins in case you didn't know and have been living under a rock). Harmony went on to break it down:
2) Adele - This was her night. She beat Beyoncé, f*cked up George Michael's tribute but recovered by swearing and starting over, and just proved that she is just like us... Human! Adele received sympathy and a standing O when she broke down at the end of her performance. And I can't get over how she addressed Beyoncé during her acceptance speech for Album of the Year. She said, "What the f*ck does she have to does she have to do to win?" along with wishing Bey was her mom. I feel her on so many levels. She brought Queen Bey to tears!
3) Blue Ivy - I just can't handle this kid. She is living my dream life - her parents are Jay and Bey. And when she crashed the Cardboard Karaoke bit, OMG!
4) Metallica and Lady Gaga - Who can forget the time the GRAMMYs f*cked over Metallica with Laverne Cox forgetting to mention them in the intro and James Hetfield's mic not working? Ah, good times (for those watching, not Metallica).
5) Prince Tribute - Morris Day and the Time and Bruno Mars caused me to have a little dance party in my living room. Probably my favourite performance of the night (next to Beyoncé's).
For a full list of winners, click here. Did you tune in? What are your thoughts?